Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Overwhelmed...

If this isn't overwhelming, I don't know what is...

Today we went for our first appointment with the RE. Dr. Slayden and his staff are very nice. His belief after talking to us is that I may have PCOS. I should know something when I go back on November 7th. Tomorrow I have to have blood drawn. Alex goes on Monday for blood work and a semen analysis. Once this is done and if he is correct about his prediction then I'll have to make a decision on what medication I'd like to start. The choices are Metformin or Clomid. Option A -Metformin is the cheaper of the two and has the possibility of helping me loose weight. Option B - Clomid is expensive and I've heard it is very evil with the side effects. The reason Clomid is so expensive is because it is the top of the line - it gives me the best chance of getting pregnant. I am the type of person who will do anything to get what I want. If I choose A it won't cost us near the amount of money, I could possible loose weight and I do have the possibility of conceiving. Picking B will cost us more, have crazy side effects and have a greater chance at getting pregnant. If it isn't PCOS then we'll go back to the drawing board...

We were also sent home with a lot of information to read which included prices...yozers. I heard my wallet screaming "DANG YOU OVARIES!!!"

0 comments: