Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Those Damn Hormones

They get me every time!

Yesterday I found myself extremely emotional. I had random moments of tears and cries and then I went to the bathroom. The witch had arrived! Thank you Lord!! For 5 months now I haven't had to take progesterone once for AF to arrive...I think that is pretty awesome considering I am PCOS and before we started with my RE I was having 60+ day cycles and wouldn’t start a new one without the help of progesterone.

I never did hear from my RE yesterday. I'm okay with that considering we can't move to IVF any time soon. For now we will try on our own and hope for the best.

On Thursday evening I have a baby shower to go to. I’m so excited to go to this baby shower as this shower is being thrown for a fellow IF’er who tried for almost four years to get pregnant. For religious reasons she and her H decided not to pursue fertility treatment and decided to adopt. On a wonderful October day while still working on their home study they received a call from a family member about a young woman who was thinking of putting her unborn baby girl up for adoption. They were encouraged to send their profile to the young lady. The young lady sat down with all of the profiles to review and her very first one happened to be L and her H’s. She wouldn’t look at another one, she found the adoptive parents in them. Little Allie was born on Friday, January 12th. I cannot wait to celebrate with L and little Allie on Thursday. It is truly a blessing.

1 comments:

Hillary said...

Glad you are feeling better today!