Sunday, April 12, 2009

Two days past D&C

D&C was performed on Friday. We had to be at the office at 6:30 AM so we had to leave our house at 5:30 AM. Holy cow - that is when I normally get up for work!! I was so tired that the paperwork asked me for the "Country" that I was born in and I put the county I was born in!! LOL!! At least we had a good laugh!

Once they took me back and I had to change into the extremely ugly gown and the oven mits for socks the nurse came in to put the IV in. She tried once in my right hand by giving me numbing medicine and then trying to stick the IV in. Notice I said "trying." It didn't work so well. So she had to try the inside of my arm. She finally got that to work but by that time I was close to passing out. Up until the past few years I've never had problems but this is my fourth time I've been really close. For some reason each time I think I can fight it off without telling the nurse it's happening and then I become so hot that I'm fanning myself and they realize what is happening.

Once I felt better and spoke to the doctor, nurse and anesthesiologist they finally took me back to the OR. The last I remember is laying back, hearing that they started the anesthesia and then putting the mask on me. It felt like it was two minutes later and I was waking up. I said "we're done already?" Once my husband arrived in the room my doctor said that everything went well but that since I had a LEEP done a few years back that my cervix was very small and I believe he said that they have to clamp something onto my cervix during the procedure? I'm not so sure since I was basically holding my eyes open. He stitched me up and I should be fine and it shouldn't affect me when I do get pregnant but he'll want it to be closely motitored and I'll need to be seen every two weeks in 2nd tri and every week in my 3rd.

Other than that everything has gone good. I've had minimal bleeding and barely any cramps. Once I got home I spent the day on the couch. This is how my day went: I took a short nap, my husband brought me Wendys for lunch, I watched my soap, took a long nap, watched a movie and my husband brought home Chilis for dinner.

I did ask my doctor when he thinks we can start a new cycle. He said that he wanted us to wait a month so on the first week of May we'll come in and he'll start me on progesterone to start my period and we can get started! I feel so lucky that he isn't making us wait three months like some others have to do. I feel like he completely understand us and knows that I am okay. I realize this happened for a reason and I've already moved on and look forward to what the furture holds for us. I know that looking at the situation that our bright side is that we can get pregnant. This next time we'll pray even harder for a sticky healthy baby!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I am so glad the procedure went smoothly, and that you are feeling excited to start trying again soon! May will be here before you know it :)

A n T said...

Glad to hear that the procedure went well and that you and DH are well on your way to recovery. So glad that you don't have to wait long to start trying again. (((HUGS)))