Friday, April 29, 2011

5DT on Saturday!!

My doctor called me Tuesday morning and told me I had 23 retrieved, 20 mature and 9 fertilized. He told me it wasn't quite the percentage he likes for fertilization but they will continue to watch the others to make sure they don't turn into fertilized embryos as well.

I have to say that he kind of had a debby downer attitude on the phone. He questioned if we should even transfer anything this week. Possibly doing an FET. I made it clear I was feeling great and planned on keeping off my feet for the rest of the week to ensure I would be ready for the transfer. We've already waited so long I do not want to wait any further.

Tuesday was also my first night of PIO. Let me tell you to completely read all of the instructions. My husband almost shot me up with the 18 gage needle that draws the PIO. I was already laying on the bed freaking out with tears and acting like a baby!! (I laugh at it all now!!) So he decided to call the IVF nurses line and speak to someone. Thank goodness he did because the nurse's exact words were "NO! Don't inject her with that needle. You will leave a hole in her!!" So lesson learned...PIO comes with two needles :)

So I got the call on day 3 that everything looks good so we were headed for a 5DT. Very excited about this call but I wish I could get a little more information about our little growing babes. I love my doctor and his office but I have a few moments here and there where I feel like a number. I hate it. And it could totally be my hormones but I haven't heard from my doctor since Tuesday and I wish he would have called to go over how they look, what exactly is going on and just to reassure us this will work. The last two times we spoke he was a debbie downer.

So my transfer is tomorrow at 10:30 AM. We are about 90% sure (or I am, H I believe is 100% sure) we will transfer only 1. But I have until the morning to make my final decision. Please keep us in your thoughts!!

0 comments: