Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ER was yesterday!

It's been a couple of days since I posted but we've been busy the past few days and I just didn't have the time to update.

But by the time we decided to trigger on Saturday night I had 41 follies; yes, you read that right! My e2 was around 3400. My doctor decided that I need to take a lupron trigger instead of HCG as he is really afraid of OHSS. My doctor also had me start Cabergoline the day of my trigger to help ward off OHSS. I've been trying to keep up my protein drinks, high protein foods and lot of sport drinks. So far I've felt good and have not had any issues. Another point I've tried to do the past week is to stay off my feet as much as I could.

My ER was yesterday at 9:00 AM. It went very well. When I got to the surgical center yesterday I felt very full - my ovaries and eggs were ready to roll! They were able to get 23 eggs! I was so excited by that number. As soon as they allowed my husband to come in all I could say was "23!" He got a kick out of that. As well, my husband said I was very talkative while we waited on the nurse to come back in. I kept telling him that it all feels real now. And that I am very excited. I also kept telling him I thought he would be an amazing father. He also said I shared a lot with the nurses. I guess the anesthesia really had my emotional.

I spent most of yesterday after ER in the bed sleeping or watching television. Currently I am feeling good and I hope that it stays this way. I should hear from my clinic before 1:00 today with a fertilization report. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

0 comments: