Monday, August 31, 2009

Desire

I can’t seem to cool down this burning desire. This desire that I want a child for us so badly. This desire that tends to creep into my life every second of every day.

This desire knocked me across the head on Saturday at my friends baby shower. I had several moments where I felt tears well up in my eyes. Not only was my friend pregnant but another one of her guests was as well. To top it all off myself and my friends younger sister were the only ones who hasn’t been pregnant or had a child. I realize that I was at a baby shower – I realize that children were going to be the topic of discussion – but I guess I thought they would play games, eat, open presents and be done with it. I didn’t realize that the shower would be so small that it would break into everyone else’s pregnancy/labor stories. I sat quietly. I felt like any advice or input I had didn’t count. My experiences all belonged in the categories of Infertility, IUIs, Blighted Ovum, D&C’s, Ectopic Pregnancy and Laparoscopic surgery – nothing that would keep the shower in an upbeat spirit. And any input I would have was only second hand – and who really wants second hand advice?

As my husband and I were driving to dinner on Saturday we were discussing my friend and how miserable she feels and that I’ve heard that is common in the third trimester. I told him that I’m tired of hearing and reading about pregnancy and having a child – I just want to experience it firsthand.

We’ve decided we’re ready to move along with our journey. We’ve decided we want to try another IUI. I understand the risks and am willing to deal with that if by some chance we get to that point. I’ve asked my DH to call our doctor this week and see if he will okay performing another IUI in the near future. With my H working from home and his work truck it is much easier for him to have this sort of conversation than me sitting in my cube. I do realize my doctor may have an issue as he didn’t get to see my left tube. I also will probably have a larger chance of the cycle being cancelled as I tend to create a lot of mature follicles. I just hope if we get to it I don’t temporarily crazy during this 2ww as well and spend $40+ in HPTs.

1 comments:

Hillary said...

I very well know and understand that burning desire you have. I have it too!

Glad to hear you've decided to move forward. I hope you desire becomes a reality VERY SOON!