Monday, November 23, 2009

Pending cancellation…

So they were just as baffled as to why my lead follie went from 1.8 to 1.6. My nurse said that when they see that the first thing they look for is to see if one ruptured and I ovulated but since my e2 went up yesterday that was not the case. The only thing that may have happened is that another follie was close to that one and it threw the measurement off.

The tech doing my ultrasound immediately asks me, “Are you going to continue with this cycle? Has he talked to you? You have a lot of follies.” My reply was, “No, but I’m sure I’ll get that talk today.” She then asked me if my insurance covers IVF and well, we all know that answer. She believes I would be a great candidate for IVF.

So once the nurse comes in she goes “Oh no, we’re doing too good! You’re doing better than a lot of my IVF patients.” In a way, I don’t know if I should be happy or mad at my ovaries for producing so many follies. I didn’t get a good look at the paper today but I did see “12+” for my left ovary with the lead follie being 1.9 and then from there I saw 1.7, 1.7, 1.7, 1.6…and so on. So it looks like if I triggered today I’d have 4 that are mature.

Now I wait and see what my e2 level is and what my RE says about this cycle. I have a feeling it will be my RE who calls me this afternoon instead of my nurse.

0 comments: