Friday, June 12, 2009

And let the 2ww begin!

IUI # 2 took place yesterday and I’m officially in the 2 week wait. My doctor didn’t get to do the insemination this time as I believe he is on vacation so I had another doctor in the practice. I really liked her and she was actually very funny. When the nurse brought us back and went over all of the numbers of my DH’s count. I don’t remember everything exactly as she wasn’t very personable and ran though it very quickly. We had 16 million post wash which is 5 million more than we had last time. The insemination took less than 5 minutes but this time it hurt more than I remembered the first one hurting. I wasn’t doubled over in pain but it was more like a shocking pain. The doctor recommended having sex the morning and night after. DH was excited about this of course – he even tried to get the doctor to say that we needed to have sex during lunch that day as well. She didn’t bite but played a long with him and joked. It made for a very comfortable experience with a doctor I’ve never met.

I decided to take the day off from work unlike last time. I am glad I made this decision since I had more cramps this time and a little bit of bleeding. The cramps actually lasted all day and I even went to bed feeling crampy. I tried to spend the rest of the day on the couch resting. I did make a delicious dinner that ended the day just wonderfully. I took Anne Burrell’s recipe from the Food Network’s Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe and reduced it to 4 people. I really surprised myself with how well they looked and tasted. I thought it was going to be hard but it wasn’t - just time consuming.

So now I’m here just waiting. I plan on buying $ tree cheapies to test out the trigger. With the last IUI I wiped out the $ tree of their cheapie tests and DH made fun of me. What can I say – I’m obsessed and at least this gives me something to do every day until I know something. I am absolutely not the type who won’t test. Here’s hoping!!

2 comments:

A n T said...

Great counts! Come on spermies...go find that egg!!

Hillary said...

Good luck waiting -- I hope it flies by! :)